If you have a Wi-Fi connection at home, chances are that you may face signal strength issues at certain locations on your property. These glitches may be caused due to multiple obstructions or material issues. To avoid these issues, you must install a Linksys RE9000 extender to widen the range of your wireless network signal. The device will help arrest no-signal zones up to several hundred feet. You can buy the extender from an online store or an electronics retail shop.
How to set it up
To configure the Linksys RE9000 extender with your wireless network, follow the steps given below:
- If you are using an old extender, you need to press the reset button on the device to configure your settings onto it. You will find the button at the base of the device. No need to reset if the device is brand new.
- Plug the device in between the area of zero or weak signal and the Wi-Fi router. Your router must have 50% of the signal strength showing up on your wireless device. Also the router should be set to 2.4GHz frequency to achieve the best configuration.
- Connect your wireless device such as your laptop computer or your smartphone to the extender network. Once connected, open the web browser on your device and enter extender.linksys.com into the address bar. You will now have web-based extender configuration setup on the screen.
- Enter your Wi-Fi password and network name into the given field and hit “Start” to launch the installation. Click on “I Accept” if you have read the license agreement and terms. Wait for the installation to finish.
- Locate the best signal strength for the extender using the in-built “Spot Finder” technology. If you hit “very good” on the signal meter, you have just hit the right spot.
- Setup an administrator password after connecting to the extender network. Use this password to login to the extender network. You can visit extender.linksys.com or the IP address of the device to change the settings.
Take note Once you configure your Linksys RE9000 extender, you do not have to worry about Wi-Fi dead zones anymore. Keep your warranty card and user manual safely. Contact your vendor or service provider if there is a major issue with your extender. Enjoy uninterrupted Wi-Fi anywhere in and around your house.