In a house with wireless network or Wi-Fi, the signal range often poses issues like slow internet speed. Sometimes there is no signal at all, which leads to signal disconnection at certain locations in and around your house. To address this issue, you must buy a Linksys RE6300 extender. The extender will capture the signals from your Wi-Fi router and spread it over to the locations that have weak or no signal. Often houses with several rooms and partitions face the spots of no signal. A Wi-Fi extender, as the name suggests, addresses that problem.
Plug in and configure
You can get a Linksys RE6300 extender at an affordable price from any online retailer. Once you buy that, you must unwrap it carefully. Keep the user guide and warranty card safely. Now install the extender in the following easy steps:
• Plug your Linksys RE6300 extender in between the point of no signal and the Wi-Fi router. Turn your router on and set the frequency of the extender to 2.4 GHz.
• Press the rest button on the extender and wait for the indicator light to blink.
• Now attach your wireless network device like your phone or laptop to the extender.
• Go to the address bar of the web browser and type the IP address of your extender in the address bar. Press “Enter” to go to the web-based setup interface.
• Wait for the Wi-Fi signal to be at 50% of its range. It is important to have the signal light indicate when to proceed with the step. Once you do that, go to the web-based setup.
• Cick on “start” to launch the installation. Click on “I Accept” when prompted at the license agreement webpage.
• Setup administrator password for the extender network.
• Adjust the distance of the extender using the “Spot Finder” feature. A “Very good” reading is for optimum signal transmission.
• Set up the extended network and password using the administrator password. Connect the device in the dead zone and check the speed. Your extender is ready to use.
For a good signal
Once you install the Linksys RE6300 extender, make sure that you keep checking the signal strength from time to time. Call up the service provider if any glitch occurs. Your Wi-Fi signal will improve a lot once you install an extender.